Monday, November 09, 2009

I'm ready for my close up

Who would have guessed that in 4 years the dog of Eastern Parkway would be starring in a NYU grad student film?
(resting between takes)

Discouraged by her film professors, the director Jess was determined to make her story. She found me through a fellow student and friend of mine. She met Mika and went back to to announce to her professors that she was going to make her film.

Mika, once again, provides the inspiration for a person to follow his/her dreams.

Mika was a pro! She remained focused on her task despite the overwhelming aroma of a butcher shop- this is just one example of her work ethic. I've never felt so much pride and awe. I was nervous but the crew was amazing. Her co-star, Kenny was fabulous. He learned quickly to handle her (not easy!) and they developed their own relationship. I learned a ton.

Today she is resting. She's a bit tired and not feeling so great. I think it was the 2 pound steak and 2 bags of treats she ingested.

It it's possible to love her more, I do. If it's possible for her to do more, I'm gonna have to step up.

Dec 19th is the screening. Stay posted for details! I hope to have all her fans there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home